2012年7月2日星期一

Reducing your baby risk

Reducing your baby risk

SIDS: Reducing your baby's risk Reviewed by the BabyCenter Medical Advisory Board Last updated: November 2011 En espa /> Highlights What is SIDS? What causes SIDS? Are certain babies at a higher risk for SIDS? How can I lower my baby's risk of SIDS? Will sharing a bed with my baby raise the risk of SIDS? Is it okay for me to swaddle my baby? Should I use a heart rate monitor? Where can I get more information? What is SIDS?SIDS stands for sudden infant death syndrome, and it's the leading cause of death in the United States for babies between 1 month and 1 year old. Video How to swaddle a baby Find out what swaddling is and why it helps babies calm down, then see a demonstration of two swaddling techniques and how quickly swaddling can quiet a crying baby. How to swaddle a baby See all videos SIDS isn't any one illness or disease. Rather, it's the diagnosis given when a child under a year old dies suddenly and an exact cause can't be found after a death scene investigation, an autopsy, and a review of the child's medical history. The researchers found that infants who died from SIDS had lower than normal levels of serotonin in the brainstem. Are certain babies at a higher risk for SIDS?Although the exact cause of SIDS is unknown, some risk factors have been identified. They include:Being born prematurely or at a very low birth weightThe earlier a baby is born, the higher his risk of SIDS. 1 2 3 Previous Next Show All
I lost a grand baby (3mos old) I found out the day before he died that my step-son was feeding him peanut butter, chocolate and even baby food out of jars. I wonder how many young parents thinks it is "cute" to see a baby eat when we know it is dangerous. I would like to see a study of sids babies to see if those parents had fed the baby food. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional. Please review the Terms of Use before using this site. Your use of the site indicates your agreement to be bound by the Terms of Use.

没有评论:

发表评论